Wednesday 21 January 2009

diana+

My DianaF+ comes next in my line of cameras, as it is a replica of an old 1960s toy camera and takes medium format 120 film. I got my Diana+ for my birthday last summer and absolutely love it to bits, the only problem with it being purchasing and processing the film, especially. You can see some of the photos I've taken using it here.

The DianaF+ is an updated version of the original Diana camera, as it includes plugs for the flash forks. Unfortunately I don't have a flash as they're around £50 or so but one day I'll get one. The original models were made in early 60s in the Great Wall Plastic Factory in Hong Kong and weren't particularly popular, eventually given away in children's magazines, and at fairs and carnivals as prizes. They later became popular when Lomography bought the original mould and began re-making them, as the popularity for poor quality cameras grew because of the soft, dreamlike images they create.


At the moment my DianaF+ takes 120 film, but once I have used it all up (I have several rolls as nowhere in Kendal sold medium format) I am going to convert it to 35mm with some tape, cardboard and foam. It is possible to buy adapters for the Diana+ but they are expensive and I have read nothing but poor reviews.


No comments: