Thursday 22 January 2009

EDCO update

So I bought a roll of black and white 120 film for edco, got back home and opened it up and turns out it takes 127 film which is a massive bummer. 127 is really hard to come buy and is going to cost ma a lot for both the film and the development of it. Whilst I was searching on the internet for a source of 127 film in the UK, I found a small website called onetwoseven.org.uk which is trying to keep 127 photography alive with as much information as possible in one place. Whilst browsing this i clicked a link named Great Wall as I recognised this as the company who created the original Diana.

Turns out Great Wall Plastic Company created two cameras called the Ilfoflex and the Bedfordflex, which also went under many different aliases just like the Diana. Aand by the picture, my TLR is an absolute spitting image with no difference but the name! Hooray! I hope it was made in that very factory before it shut down, I feel dead special.

Now I've just got to find me some 127 film and a place where I can get it developed speedy.

No comments: